[Gmsh] Error messages loading aborted & manipulating CharacteristicLength

Mira Lennis mira_lennis at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 09:35:09 CEST 2012

Hello everyone!

When I'm loading a coplicated air-bag like mesh composed of pentagons and hexagon gmsh would abort loading after some dozen errors.
However, those ruled surfaces would work fine in any case.
It would be nice if there is an option to make gmsh ignore those errors and force loading.
Otherwise I have to created several hundred ruled surfaces by hand.
While doing so, I found the need to change the various CharacteristicLength constants.
However, doing so requires reloading which would require me to recreate the surfaces again.
It would be nice if declared variables could be changed in a browser window.

Best regards,

Mira