[Gmsh] 3D geometry check

Ruth V. Sabariego r.sabariego at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jul 13 21:54:18 CEST 2012

Hi Joseph,
When building the volume of the air, you need a surface loop of all the volumes inside.
You can use:

allvol[] = Volume '*'; // For recovering all volumes just after the box for the air

surf[] = CombinedBoundary{ Volume{allvol[]}; } ; // Boundary of all the volumes for your surface loop
Surface Loop(newsl) = surf[] ;
v_air=newv; Volume(newv) = {sl_air, newsl-1}; // and finally the correct volume of the air

With this kind of geometry, it would have been easier to construct a cut and extrude it with the angle of interest. I.e.:

vol[] = Extrude {{0, 0, 1}, {0, 0, 0}, angle/2} {
  Surface{allsurfacecutsymmetry[]};
} ;

Regards,
Ruth