[Gmsh] Batch plotting: On selecting the "TimeStep" in a med result file.

Eiser, Sebastian sebastian.eiser at k-ai.at
Sat Jul 14 21:11:19 CEST 2012

Dear all,
Thanks Christophe et al for providing and continuously improving `gmsh`.

I'm currently trying to batch plot a series of results obtained by code_aster. The format is 'med' and it contains three time steps. I saved the options for plotting from the GUI (File -> Save Options -> For current file).

I want to look at the last time step and this is correctly put into the .opt file:
View[0].NbTimeStep = 3;
View[0].TimeStep = 2;

Then, I add
Merge "result.rmed";

to the beginning of the .opt file. To my surprise, the first time step (TimeStep = 0) is selected and plotted when running `gmsh plot.opt`. I found a workaround (without the "Merge" line in the .opt file) and by running the following command:

$> gmsh result.rmed plot.opt

This gives the desired result. I don't know if I misunderstood something, but this may help other to avoid wasting some time.

-Sebastian