[Gmsh] Face <-> Elements Connectivity Info

Kostas Politis konstantinos.politis at ec-nantes.fr
Mon Jul 23 20:33:21 CEST 2012

Dear Authors/All,

  Its been almost a week since I have started using Gmsh. Everything works great for me and
I think I will be using your code for a long time. Here is my question.

Is there a way of generating automatically(by Gmsh) the topology(connectivity) information
"face to/from element" ? To clarify, the index of left and right element of each face and/or the
faces' indices for each element. Currently, I am reading the .msh file and I have to check each
node triplet(say for a triangular face) of each element with every other element's node triplets.
A part of the output file that would contain every face would also help.

Thanks for your time !

Sincerely,
Kostas