[Gmsh] GMSH to Elmer

Dragon Age dragonage36 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 19:28:42 CEST 2012

Greetings,

I've just started using GMSH in conjunction with Elmer, and have encountered a problem for which I cannot find a solution. Whenever I import my GMSH model into Elmer, it ends up having only 1 surface, which is the entire model. So for example, say I make a cube in GMSH. I then 3D mesh it, then define physical groups by selecting each of the faces. I save as a MSH file with the default options (no boxes checked). I load it up into Elmer, and it only has 1 surface, which is the entire cube, irregardless of where I click.

What am I doing incorrect?

Thanks, and best regards,

-DA