[Gmsh] Command Line - Saving File as "inp"

René Wohlgethan renwohlgethan at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:57:43 CEST 2012

Hello everybody,

My Name is René and I am very new working with Gmsh.

My aim is to work with it by using the command line and integrate into a
3rd party software for optimization (modeFRONTIER).  Here I want to use it
in combination with Calculix -

Therefore I found out that Gmsh can export *.inp files and this works very
well if  I do it manually, but whenerver I try to run this by command line
it says:  File format unknown.

The commands I use are:

"C:\gmsh-2.6.1-Windows\gmsh"  Plate.step -3 -clcurv -refine -hoOptimize
---- works fine

but this :

"C:\gmsh-2.6.1-Windows\gmsh"  Plate.step -3 -clcurv -refine
-hoOptimize  -format "inp" -- gives out:  FATAL: Unknown mesh format.

while with the other file formats the command stricly above works again.

So one questions:

1) What did I do wrong, or is it a bug?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

René