[Gmsh] Triangles when using 'Transfinite Line' and Blossom algorithm

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Aug 20 22:09:54 CEST 2012

Hi Sebastian,

Indeed, this is a due to the fact that Blossom requires an odd number of points on each edge. So you simply need to make sure that the number of points you specify with the Transfinite commands will be compatible :-)  (See the Blossom paper for more info.)

We are currently working on the anisotropic extension for generating nice unstructured stretched meshes... Stay tuned !

Cheers,

Christophe