[Gmsh] Structured Mesh combined with Unstructured mesh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue Aug 21 02:34:05 CEST 2012

On 27 Jul 2012, at 07:47, Feifei TONG <tongf.fei at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Authors and Users,
>
> I have a question about combining structured mesh and unstructured mesh in Gmsh. I would like to get the attached mesh around the tip of a cylinder.
>
> Can anyone enlighten me on how to realise this in Gmsh? Thanks very much.

The current stable release will only tetrahedralize the volume if the surafce mesh is made of triangles.

The SVN version contains an experimental feature that will try to automatically generate pyramids when necessary to connect the tetrahedra to the quads on the boundary if there are some.

Christophe