[Gmsh] periodic, aka. conforming boundary meshes ?

Benedikt Oswald benedikt.oswald at psi.ch
Wed Aug 22 10:45:06 CEST 2012

Dear gmsh developers

I know I have asked about the state of periodic, aka. conforming boundary meshes,
in 3D a while ago. Is there any news on this ?

I recently compiled gmsh from svn and tried to mesh a simple cube-like structure that
requires conforming boundary meshes since it models a xy periodic electromagnet problem.
However, the periodic surface mesh is wrong, showing massive distortions, see below.

I would appreciate if you could comment on your development schedule regarding
periodicity.

Thanks, Benedikt

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, GFA
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12

"Passion is required for any great work, and for the revolution passion and audacity are required in big doses.",
 Ernesto 'Che' Guevara, Letter to his parents.