[Gmsh] Refinement Inlet of a pipe

Emilie Sauvage emilie.sauvage at uclouvain.be
Tue Sep 11 15:10:11 CEST 2012

Dear GMSH Community,

I'm trying to remesh the inlet of a simple pipe, so that the resulting
mesh has a higher concentration of nodes at the edge of the inlet-disk
(this would create a sort a refined layer at the outskirt of the disk).
The center of the inlet is located at (0,0,0). The pipe has a radius of
0.5, and a length of 2.0.
I tested several possibilities with GMSH: MathEval, AttractorAnisoCurve,
and BoundaryLayer.
So far only the MathEval options seems to work, but the resulting mesh
isn't satisfactory enough.

Does anyone has an idea why AttractorAnisoCurve or BoundaryLayer-options
don't work? Is it a problem in the way I'm calling those options?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Emilie Sauvage.

Attached: the pipe mesh: tube.msh, and the geo file: Attractor.geo.