[Gmsh] 3d Meshing Issue

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Tue Oct 23 23:41:50 CEST 2012

Just guessing, but it may be that you haven't defined a Physical Volume.
Take a look at the section in the manual on Physical v. Elementary
entities, if you don't know what that means.

If you have defined a Physical Volume then it must be something else, in
which case you should post your .geo file, which will contain a record of
what's been done.

Le mardi 23 octobre 2012, courtney gras <cag35 at zips.uakron.edu> a écrit :
> To Whom it May Concern,
>
> I am attempting to mesh a rather complex geometry representative of a 3/0
AWG copper wire. I have a .step file (attached) for this geometry. When I
attempt to mesh this geometry and open it in Elmer (for additional
analysis), I noticed that the mesh has " 0 volume elements".

> Would you be able to assist with this issue? I'm thinking I may not have
the correct options setup for meshing a geometry such as this.

>  I should point out that I am not very experienced with finite element
analysis, as this is my first attempt at using software such as gmsh and
elmer.

--
G. D. McBain

Chercheur
Institut Jean le Rond d'Alembert - http://www.dalembert.upmc.fr

Theory of Lift - Introductory Computational Aerodynamics in MATLAB/Octave
Out now - http://www.wileyeurope.com/remtitle.cgi?111995228X