[Gmsh] 3d Meshing Issue

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Thu Oct 25 11:53:14 CEST 2012

Hi Courtney,

you should test the workflow with a smaller geometry file. Meshing your file takes forever on my machine, I have though aborted the process.
Make sure that you do a _3D_ mesh, and that "save all (ignore physical groups)" is checked when you save your mesh. You will have to fiddle with mesh width, look at the possibilities under Tools->Options->Mesh, " General" and "Advanced" tabs. Then normally you should get a 3D mesh which ElmerGUI will load.

And if you send your questions to the gmsh list, more people will be able to help you.

Best regards,

Matthias