[Gmsh] Two Gmsh issues

Zifeng Yuan zy2134 at columbia.edu
Fri Oct 26 20:09:21 CEST 2012

Dear Prof. Christophe Geuzaine,

I have two issues about Gmsh to report to you.

1. When we use this command to make unrolled geometry file,
>Gmsh.exe SomeFile.geo -0
we find Gmsh.exe will go to background and keep running. Do we have any way
to make Gmsh running explicitly?
The reason is that we write a batch file to run Gmsh and generate unrolled
file, but we find the batch file ends while the unrolled file does not show
up.

2. In attachment, I put a large beam model. When we generate unrolled file
for this model, we find the name of physical group
Physical Volume("Steel")
will be changed into
cl1 = 1;
Physical Volume(cl1) = {....
We do not know the reason for this problem.

Thanks,

--
Zifeng Yuan, PhD Candidate
Department of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics