[Gmsh] gmsh and ICEM (an ANSYS program)

Annette Stone annettestone83 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 15:09:53 CET 2012

Hello all:

I currently use ICEM (part of the ANSYS suite) for meshing.  I need to create some simple meshes (i.e., rectangular 2-D geometry with a specified number of uniformly sized triangular elements and nodes in the long direction), but it is very difficult to do this with my particular ICEM setup.

I would like to know whether it is possible to create this sort of mesh in gmsh and then import gmsh meshes AND geometries into ICEM.  If anyone has done this, I would very much appreciate hearing about it.  Thank you.