[Gmsh] Proposal for development

Klaas Rathke klaas.rathke at t-online.de
Sat Dec 1 20:53:16 CET 2012

Dear C. Geuzaine and J.-F. Remacle,

I tested GMSH for use in my CFD-course (MA for Environmental Engineering –
University of Appl. Sciences OWL / Dep. Höxter) because
open-source-applications have the “charm” for the students to experiment and
learn at home.

GMSH would be very useful as mesh-designer for 2D-solvers  when the
net-construction could use a coordinate-referenced background-picture (we
use open-source the solver  BASEMENT from ETH Zürich with a self-written
format-converter from GMSH to 2dm-Format).

The question is: Would it be possible, to use background-pictures with
reference-file (e.g. tif-File with tfw-file to adjust the
coordinate-system)?

Sincerely

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaas Rathke

HS-OWL / Abt. Höxter

FG Hydraulik / Quantitative Wasserwirtschaft

An der Wilhelmshöhe 44

37671 Höxter