[Gmsh] Array interval as argument for Plane Surface holes

Ricardo Luiz Dalbosco ricardo at dalbosco.net
Mon Jan 7 17:48:45 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to use an array interval to create holes in a Plane Surface.

My script generates dynamically a variable number of squares, wich
represent coil turns. Those squares are then assembled in Line Loops and
saved in an array.

Then, It's possible to create a Physical Surface like this

Physical Surface("Coil") = {loopsCoil[1]:loopsCoil[n]};

Where loopsCoil[ ] is the array, and n is the number of turns

It happens that the coil is placed inside the Air region. Then, to define
my Air region I need to specify the Coil as a "hole".
But when I try to do this:

Plane Surface(airRegion) = {allAirRegion, loopsCoil[1]:loopsCoil[n]}

Gmsh simply closes, without an error message.
So, it seems I can't define a Plane Surface with the array syntax.

Does anyone knows how I can proceed to create the holes in the surface?

--
Ricardo Luiz Dalbosco      -