[Gmsh] Meshing independent of number of points

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Wed Jan 30 09:43:40 CET 2013

2013/1/30 Orxan Shibliyev <orxan.shibli at gmail.com>:
> I made an airfoil using an equation. The more the points the smoother the
> airfoil. Problem is that the mesh resolution is dependent on how much points
> are on the airfoil. I want to control the mesh resolution independent of
> number of points and make it dependent to some other variable (by
> Transfinite Line). So is there a way to do that?

If instead of a chain of Lines each defined by two Points you use a
Spline or BSpline defined by multiple Points then those Points aren't
necessarily used in the mesh, which I think is the behaviour you're
after.  Try the attached example, running it with

  $ gmsh -2 -clscale 5 octagon.geo

and then changing 5 to smaller numbers.