[Gmsh] help: iron sheet with hole.

Roman Putanowicz putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl
Mon Feb 11 09:36:18 CET 2013

> Hi,
> I'm trying to mesh an iron sheet with several holes on it to see how an air
> flow pass through it.
> When I manage to mesh both volumes, I  tried simulate the system but the
> air flow it dosen't pass through the holes. another times it only mesh the
> bottom volume.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Javier,

Looking at you model my first question is how important is to
model the iron sheet as volume? The ratio sheet thickness to the hole
radius looks small thus the question is if we can neglect the sheet
thickness. I know it can change the flow pattern but on the other
hand it can make the mesh generation easier (for the simulation
the drawback is the presence of internal boundaries).

Regards

Roman

--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)