[Gmsh] help: iron sheet with hole.

Ruth V. Sabariego r.sabariego at ulg.ac.be
Tue Feb 12 10:34:49 CET 2013

Hi Javier,

I've modified your geometry so that you see how to include the holes, whether you consider  a volume sheet or a surface.
The idea is that all the basic geometrical entities are embedded in the rest.
You can use extrusion, as you did, but carefully: you should avoid defining lines/surfaces that will re-appear when extruding. That's asking for troubles when meshing.

The attached file contains only the volume iron sheet with holes, the rest is yet to be connected.

HTH,
Ruth