[Gmsh] node positions on B-splines

Rene Schneider rene.schneider at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Feb 19 20:03:57 CET 2013

Hi,

I'll try the SVN version tomorrow. I've had a look at the example in the
bugreport you provided. It appears to be the same problem: The new
vertices are placed too close to or too far from the edges that are
extruded from the endpoints of the B-spline, suggesting that the
distance evaluation along the (extruded) B-spline is wrong.

I guess that confirms that this is a bug.

Rene

On 19.02.13 17:49, Eiser, Sebastian wrote:
> I cannot open your file with my svn version...
> Error   : Line Loop 17 is wrong
> Error   : Line Loop 18 is wrong
> Error   : Line Loop 19 is wrong
> Error   : Line Loop 20 is wrong
>
> Anyways, have you tried using the 'Layers' command in your extrusion? It will produce prisms.
>
> Unfortunately, there is also a known problem with extruded layers when refining:
> https://geuz.org/trac/gmsh/ticket/184 (gmsh:gmsh)

       Dr. Rene Schneider

       TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer Mathematik,
       09107 Chemnitz, Germany