[Gmsh] Exporting to step

Fabrice Silva silva at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Thu Feb 21 10:48:16 CET 2013

Hi,
I created a geometry within gmsh and wanted to export it using the step
exporter. I get the following error message:

        Error   : No OpenCASCADE model found
        Info    : Done writing '/some/path/filename.step'

I am using the gmsh package from debian sid

        Info    : Gmsh version   : 2.6.1
        Info    : Build OS       : Linux
        Info    : Build options  : Ann Bamg Bfgs Blas Blossom Chaco
        DIntegration Dlopen FlTree Fltk Gmm Have64BitSizeT Jpeg Lapack
        MPI MathEx Med Mesh Mmg3d Mpeg NativeFileChooser Netgen OneLab
        OpenCascade(OCE) OpenGL OptHom PETSc Parser Plugins Png Post
        RTree SLEPc Salome Solver Voro3D Zlib
        Info    : Build date     : 20120918
        Info    : Build host     : IAM135
        Info    : Packager       : pbuilder

and have the following OpenCascade packages installed
$ aptitude search liboce
i A liboce-foundation2                                  - OpenCASCADE Community Edition CAE platform shared library
i A liboce-modeling2                                    - OpenCASCADE Community Edition CAE platform shared library
i   liboce-ocaf-lite2                                   - OpenCASCADE Community Edition CAE platform shared library
i   liboce-ocaf2                                        - OpenCASCADE Community Edition CAE platform shared library
i A liboce-visualization2                               - OpenCASCADE Community Edition CAE platform shared library

Debugging the binary, it seems that the _occ_internals in
Geo/GModelIO_OCC.cpp(GModel::writeOCCSTEP) is not correctly set.

How should I proceed to export the model to a step format file ?