[Gmsh] plotting data on locally refined non-conforming mesh

Danny Lathouwers - TNW D.Lathouwers at tudelft.nl
Wed Feb 27 10:20:57 CET 2013

Dear gmsh community,

We do h-refinement in our own fem code and am wondering whether gmsh can do the plotting for me (mesh + results). Gmsh is also used for our initial mesh generation. I performed a test on a mesh containing 1st order triangles where a single triangle was removed and replaced by its 4 children. I could visualize the mesh and accompanying data (discontinuous data plotted with $ElementNodeData) without any trouble. My question is whether this will also work on other element types (quad, hex, tet, ...). I am not sure why it wouldn't but it's worth to check before assuming things.

Thanks

---
Dr. Danny Lathouwers
Department of Radiation Science and Technology
Delft University of Technology
The Netherlands