[Gmsh] gmsh crashes when elements are added to STEP data

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Mon Mar 11 14:12:13 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a geometry from CAD exported in STEP format and want to add an element (here: a volume) to it. I written a geo file containing a Merge command to get the STEP file, and then geometry commands (Point, Line etc.) to create additional geometry entities. The problem is that when I try to rely a new point with a point of the STEP by a straight line, gmsh crashes.

Questions:
Can I do that at all? Is it possible to import a STEP file and add points, lines, surfaces and volumes to it in gmsh? If so, why does gmsh crash then?
If not, is there another way except to edit the STEP file with a "real" CAD software?

Matthias

ERBE Elektromedizin GmbH
Firmensitz: 72072 Tuebingen
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian O. Erbe, Reiner Thede
Registergericht: Stuttgart HRB 380137