[Gmsh] Forcing Consistent Mesh Sizes At Common Boundaries 3/11/13

Williams, Gary gary.williams2 at aerojet.com
Mon Mar 11 23:14:07 CET 2013

Hello:

I want to be able to control the mesh size/distribution at a common boundary.

Included is a simple two block configuration where I have tried to accomplish that unsuccessfully.

I'd like to be able to control the mesh size and distribution at the common interface.  In this case its between NODES 4 & 6 or at LINE 8.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE1E6B.0E4240C0]

I recognize that I could divide the larger block into two smaller blocks but would like to approach this problem using the GMSH features if possible.

It appears that might be accomplished with the "periodic line" option, but I don't know how to implement.

I am hoping that one of the more experienced users can look at the file and  image and provide directions as to how to accomplish this.

Thanks

gsw