[Gmsh] Two overlapping spheres

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Apr 4 13:15:15 CEST 2013

On 27 Mar 2013, at 00:40, Songting Luo <luosongting at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I want to generate a 3D mesh for two overlapping spheres.  How can I combine these two spheres as
> one single object (as a union), and generate the mesh?  Please let me know, thank you very much.

Gmsh's internal small CAS engine does not compute boolean operations; you'll need to either create the geometry directly (computing the intersections yourself), or use a CAD modeler (e.g. Freecad) to create the geometry and export e.g. in STEP.

We are working toward integrating "real" CAD creation routines in Gmsh, but it's not ready yet for general use.