[Gmsh] Plugin tetrahedralize

Cazasnoves Anthony acazasnoves at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 09:33:06 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to write a code to handle a point cloud/mesh with some
values associated to each node. If I understood correctly, I should be able
to do so using Gmsh as a library by :

1) Storing the mesh/cloud in a Gmodel

To do so, I currently have an issue with the use of the pluggin
tetrahedralize :

 - my initial point cloud is at the moment stored as a mesh in a .stl file
and I want to remesh it using the plugin tetrahedralize. I first converted
the initial .stl mesh to a .msh and loaded it in a view via the
PView->readMSH function. When I ran Tetrahedralize on this view
(PluginManager::instance()->
action("Tetrahedralize","Run",view);) I get the following error : "Need at
least 4 points to tetrahedralize"

Did I miss a step or isn't it possible to run Tetrahedralize this way?

Many thanks for your help!

Anthony Cazasnoves