[Gmsh] Volume boundary from x,y,z list

Jack Stalnaker jack.stalnaker at gmail.com
Fri May 17 17:10:31 CEST 2013

Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked before--I couldn't find it in the
archives.

Here is my situation: I have a model (an earth model) that is a box. But
inside the box I have layers that represent earth layers. The boundaries of
these layers are defined by a set of x,y,z coordinates. This seems like a
fairly common starting point for building a mesh, but I don't quite follow
from the instructions how to do this. It seems that I need to mesh before I
mesh, creating a 2-D mesh of the nodes that define my layer boundary in
order to define facets and surface loops. Is this right? Or is there a way
to say, "I want this collection of nodes to represent the top boundary of
this volume"?

Thanks for the help,
--Jack