[Gmsh] Variable separation of the layers in a extrusion (Transfinite mesh)

Felix Salazar felix.a.salazar at gmail.com
Thu May 30 23:03:31 CEST 2013

I know I can add an smooth variation of the node distribution over an edge
using
Transfinite Line {*linenumber*} = *numberofnodes* Using Progression *ratio*;

Is there any way to have a similar behavior using an extrusion?
The closest thing so far has been (lc is a constant "characteristic" length)
extrusion[]=Extrude{0,0,Lz}{
  Surface{79}; Layers{
  { Ceil(0.15*Lz/lc),
    Ceil(0.40*Lz/lc),
    Ceil(0.50*Lz/lc),
    Ceil(0.25*Lz/lc)},
  {0.05,0.25,0.65,1.00}
  }; Recombine;
};

This gives me a volume with 4 regions of different length and different
constant grading within each region. Is there any way to have an smoother
variation?

*Félix Salazar*
felix.a.salazar at gmail.com