[Gmsh] remeshing using cubic maps

massimilianomaria.villone at unina.it massimilianomaria.villone at unina.it
Fri Jun 7 16:40:47 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I have a mesh made of triangular elements (.msh file)  of a closed
surface in 3D, which I have to to make smooth and remesh. Actually, my
need is conceptually very similar to what described in Section 3.4 of
the paper "High Quality Surface Remeshing Using Harmonic Maps" by
Remacle, Geuzaine, Compère, and Marchandise.

I tried with the gmsh command "Mesh.RemeshParametrization", but I
guess that this only provides a linear map for remeshing, as shown in
Figure 12b of the above mentioned paper, whereas I need to generate a
result similar to Figure 12c, so I need something as a cubic map. I
ask you how I can implement that in gmsh.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Massimiliano Villone
University of Naples Federico II