[Gmsh] Dimensions in Gmsh & 3th parties software ...

Cris G schroedinger.cat.is.not.here at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 13:58:28 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

the following might be a silly question, however I found it crucial for my
modeling.

Background:
I have received a *.geo file which contains a channel whose height H is
1186.84 (in the CAD file this height H is measured in mm).

I will use OpenFOAM 2.1.1 in order to run my simulations, hence I will make
use of the "gmshToFoam" application to convert the Gmsh file (*.msh) into
an OpenFOAM mesh. In addition, I know that the natural units of OpenFoam
are the MKS system (meter, kilogram, second), thus this leads to my
question:

Question:
Once my OpenFOAM mesh is generated by "gmshToFoam", for OpenFoam the height
H of the channel will be 1186.84 meters or 1186.84 mm?

Best regards,
Cris