[Gmsh] overlapping lines between two surfaces

Jose Javier Muñoz Criollo josejmcriollo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:50:38 CEST 2013

Hi

I think so. At the beginning I wrote a function in deal.ii to "manually"
delete the repeated points. Later I found that I can use a command in Gmsh
to do the same.
The procedure I followed was:

1 - write the geometry script into .geo file
2 - import .geo file into Gmsh. Generate mesh (2D or 3D). Save mesh into
.mesh file.
3 - write another .geo file with the commands

> Merge "filename.msh";
> Coherence Mesh;

4 - import last .geo file into gmsh. In the message console you should read
the amount of repeated points deleted.
5 - Save last mesh into another .mesh file.

I tried this with a much more complex 3D geometry and it worked quite well.
Although I didn't tried with the original example I posted.

By the way, if you're using Gmsh with Deal.ii don't forget to check the
last tutorial example posted "step-49". It deals with meshes in general and
specifically it offers some hints about the interaction between Gmsh and
Deal.ii.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Javier