[Gmsh] crash on 3D meshing (AW: Anisiotropic mesh in stacked layers)

Jean-François Remacle jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Fri Jul 12 09:01:34 CEST 2013

Le 11 juil. 2013 à 22:57, Christophe Geuzaine <cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be> a écrit :

> Hi Matthias,
>
> There are two separate problems:
>
> 1) Currently MMG3D does not like having internal surfaces in the volume. Attached is a file with a single volume, which works ok.
>
> @JF : have you tried MMG3D in such cases with internal surfaces?

Not done … it seems complicated

> 2) "h2 / 100" pushes the initial tetrahedralization to the limit; h2/90 works fine over here.
>
> All of this is still very experimental, though. It all needs to be tested and documented.
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> Christophe
>
> <layers.geo>
>
> On 11 Jul 2013, at 17:29, "Zenker, Dr. Matthias" <Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com> wrote:
>
>> I forgot to say that the crash happens under Windows 7 with gmsh 2.8.0 64bit and with 2.7.1 32bit and 64bit.
>>
>> Matthias

Prof. Jean-Francois Remacle
Universite catholique de Louvain (UCL)
Ecole Polytechnique de Louvain (EPL) - Louvain School of Engineering
Institute of Mechanics, Materials and Civil Engineering (iMMC)
Center for Systems Engineering and Applied Mechanics (CESAME)
Tel : +32-10-472352 -- Mobile : +32-473-909930