[Gmsh] PostView format and background mesh

J S j.s4403 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 07:20:51 CEST 2013

On 07/29/2013 11:52 PM, Geordie McBain wrote:
> 2013/7/30 J S <j.s4403 at gmail.com>:
>
>> The missing pieces are:
>> 4. write out a characteristic length in a format understood by gmsh.
> Write out the characteristic length in the .msh format.  Then let
> "gmsh -0" convert that to .pos, as described.
How do you specify the characteristic length in .msh format?  I don't
see it in the reference manual?

>> 5. have gmsh create a mesh based on my .geo file and my .pos file containing
>> the characteristic lengths.
> This is as in tutorial t7.geo.
bgmesh.pos has 3 numbers after the 9 numbers corresponding to triangle
coordinates.  Which one is the characteristic length?  How do I specify
this in 1d and 3d?  I assume that the triangle coordinates are the ones
that gmsh has given me in the coarse mesh. Is there a document for the
.pos format?

Juan