[Gmsh] node ordering Abaqus export

Andreas Ruf andreas.ruf at gmx.de
Mon Aug 5 17:40:06 CEST 2013

Dear Gmsh Developers,

I enjoy using your gmsh software for my lectures at the university. As I am
using calculix as solver I need the Abaqus export interface which works in
most cases fine. However, when exporting e.g. 20-node 2nd order incomplete
hexahedron elements I encounter problems with node ordering. Abaqus uses a
different ordering (see appended extract from the Abaqus manual) than the
export file. Is there a setting by which the ordering can be adapted without
scripting or reprogramming? Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Dr. Andreas Ruf

Salbeiweg 11

71083 Herrenberg-Affstätt