[Gmsh] ordering of lines/surfaces after stl merge

Martin Genet martin.genet at ucsfmedicalcenter.org
Thu Aug 29 20:44:57 CEST 2013

Sorry to insist, but I'm really stuck here. Hopefully someone can help me understand what's going on.

I made a minimal example (minimal.geo), to illustrate my problem. I first merge the a couple STL files (STL.tar.gz), then create a couple Compound Lines, and then eventually a Line Loop. However, the order of Compound Lines seems to depend on whether or not I create the Line Loop (see lines-WithoutLineLoop & lines-WithLineLoop). Is that the expected behavior? Is there a logic behind this?

One more thing I don't quite understand, is that even Points and Surfaces are names "ll" (see visibility.png). Is that related to the previous issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Martin