[Gmsh] force scalar, visibility

Luca Dall'Olio luca.dallolio at alneos.fr
Fri Sep 6 11:01:36 CEST 2013

Dear Gmsh Team,

I do not understand how to correctly display a single component of a field,
while filtering a single "physical group" in Gmsh.

Here is our problem :
We have some multiple component fields, the first one named "CARA
 #CARCOQUE". The first component of this field is named "EP" : it is zero
for any element, but the "SHELL_VOILE" Physical Group. It contains the
thickness of surface elements.

Since I would like to visualise this component alone, in Gmsh :
- show only the first view, and hide any other
- configure the view with "Force Scalar" in the View [0].Visibility menu,
setting the first component as "0" and others as "-1"
- check the Adapt Visualisation Grid, as suggested in the console messages
- show only the "SHELL_VOILE" Physical Group, and hide any other (using the
"Visibility" main menu)
- hiding or showing mesh elements (Tools->Options->Mesh->Visibility) does
not change anything

The problem is that no color is diplayed for the field and the legend bar
is incorrect.
I think that the data are correct, since I can visualize the expected
result in Salome.

I also try to use the Plugin(MathEval) using "v0" as the only Expression,
without any progress.

Attached you can find :
cara.med (created with a recent Code_Aster version)
Capture-1.png (the expected output, as shown by Salome)
Capture-2.png and Capture-3.png (the actual Gmsh 2.8.2 output using "force
scalar", "adapt visualisation grid" and visibility)

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestion,

Best Regards,
Luca

--

ALNEOS

Luca DALL'OLIO, Project Manager

196, rue Houdan      92330 SCEAUX - France
Tél.  : +33 (0)6 51 41 21 28
Tél.  : +33 (0)1 83 64 39 53
GSM   : +33 (0) 6 01 76 50 97
Fax.  : +33 (0)1 41 13 85 07
Email : luca.dallolio at alneos.fr

"This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy,
distribute, disclose or use the information it contains.

Please e-mail the sender immediately and delete this message from your system.
E-mails are susceptible to corruption, interception and unauthorised
amendment; we do not accept liability for any such changes, or for
their consequences.

You should be aware, that the company  may monitor your emails and
their content."