[Gmsh] How to save figures from command line?

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Tue Sep 10 06:28:04 CEST 2013

2013/9/10 Daniel WEI <lakeat at gmail.com>

> Does anyone know how to save figure from command line, or how to modify
> the code in order to get this functionality?

One way to achieve this is to put a Print command in a script file, say
"print.gmsh".  Then at the command line you can load your VTK file and save
the figure with "gmsh thing.vtk print.gmsh".  (Actually I've only tried
this with Gmsh's native .msh files rather than VTK, but I assume that's a
minor difference.)
  For more on Print, see

http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#index-Print-_0040var_007bchar_002dexpression_007d_003b-240

--
G. D. McBain

Theory of Lift - Introductory Computational Aerodynamics in MATLAB/Octave
Out now - http://www.wileyeurope.com/remtitle.cgi?111995228X