[Gmsh] 3D mesh

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Thu Oct 10 00:12:23 CEST 2013

2013/10/9 Zenker, Dr. Matthias <Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com>

> I don't know how to get the number of a surface created by extrusion
> automatically.
> You can either define your physical entities in the GUI
> (Geometry->Physical Groups->Add), or tell gmsh to "save all" when you save
> the mesh, as I wrote before.

Hello.  Using the GUI like so is probably the easiest way to identify the
desired volume and plane surfaces, but it is also possible to extract the
identifying numbers from the value returned by the Extrude command in a
script. See

   http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Extrusions

where the syntax is demonstrated in a short example at the end, including
the line

       out[] = Extrude{0,1,0}{ Line{1}; };