[Gmsh] Status of the python wrappers/bindings

François Beaubert francois.beaubert at univ-valenciennes.fr
Fri Oct 18 10:22:28 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm confused about the status of the python wrapper/bindings/API for gmsh.

I would like to create my .geo files using python scripts but don't know
how and where to start. I perhaps miss something but I was not able to
find an example on how to use those python bindings to create .geo file.

I've seen python4gmsh project (https://github.com/nschloe/python4gmsh)
as well as python-gmsh deb package. As far as I can understand those are
different projects.

What's the status of the python wrappers ? Can we already use them and
if so where can I find some examples ?

Will they be compatible with the onelab project definition/creation ?

Thank you very much for your help.
ave a nice day

François