[Gmsh] R: Integer flag to .msh elements

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Thu Oct 24 15:36:15 CEST 2013

On 24/10/13 13:38, Alessandro Vicini wrote:

> Hullo everybody,
>
> the problem is (as far as I know), that when you assign a surface to a
> physical group, you don't have control on the number of the group, which is
> automatically assigned by Gmesh.

No. See t1.geo. If you write

Physical Surface (5555) = {6} ;

in t1.geo file, mesh it and save the mesh, the elements belonging to surface 6 will be tagged with
the 5555 integer.

ace35:~/gmsh/tutorial >   cat  t1.msh

$MeshFormat
2.2 0 8
$EndMeshFormat
$Nodes
427
1 0 0 0
2 0.1 0 0
3 0.1 0.3 0
4 0 0.3 0
5 0.009999999999982483 0 0
6 0.019999999999956 0 0
7 0.02999999999992728 0 0
8 0.03999999999989585 0 0
426 0.01732880869837657 0.1002635856800227 0
427 0.06912838083014602 0.1057967588383864 0
$EndNodes
$Elements
844
1 15 2 1 1 1