[Gmsh] Unable to mesh this complex geometry. Gmsh crashes

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Fri Nov 8 10:21:33 CET 2013

Hi,

there were several problems in your geometry:

*         The surfaces were defined multiple times, and were overlapping. You need to define the heater loop as hole of your square surface.

*         The characteristic length of 1 was very small, given the length of 1000 of your square. That made gmsh crash for me. I changed it to 5, and 50 for the outer surface points.

*         Minor: The lines of the heater loop are duplicated - the coherence command takes care of that.

I have attached a fixed geo file that works for me.

HTH,

Matthias