[Gmsh] Help - (Gmsh) Forcing a point to be in a mesh

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Wed Nov 20 09:15:12 CET 2013

On 20/11/13 03:28, Tang, Xuhai wrote:

> Dear Dr. David Colignon:
>
>          Sorry to disturb you.
>
>          You posted a question "[Gmsh] Forcing a point to be in a mesh?" online four years ago.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gmsh@geuz.org/msg01616.html
>          Now I have the same question. Did you find a method to force a point in a mesh? Could you
> kindly give me any help?
>
>          Thank you very much.
>
> Xuhai Tang
> PhD student
> Imperial College London, UK

Hi,

so far, the only available options are:

http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Miscellaneous-mesh-commands

Point | Line { expression-list } In Surface { expression };
     Embed the point(s) or line(s) in the given surface. The surface mesh will conform to the mesh
of the point(s) or lines(s).

Surface { expression-list } In Volume { expression };
     Embed the surface in the given volume. The volume mesh will conform to the mesh of the surface.

otherwise you will have to connect the wanted point to the rest of the geometry with at least a line ...

Regards,

Dave

--
David Colignon, Ph.D.