[Gmsh] Physical Surface of a part of a surface

Lakshmi Selvakumaran lakshmi.selvakumaran at kaust.edu.sa
Mon Nov 25 09:41:47 CET 2013

Hi,

I  have a 3D mesh and want to assign part of the surface to a physical
surface with a specific label.  But it seems that I have to modify the
whole geometry to include this surface and it looks like I have to redo the
whole geometry again.  Is it possible to assign a part of a surface as a
physical mesh without having to create this subsurface explicitly and
re-meshing everything around it?

Thanks.

Best regards
Lakshmi.