[Gmsh] Help to build gmsh without GUI

Safariforoshani, Mohammadreza reza.safari at pe.tamu.edu
Thu May 8 04:55:25 CEST 2014

Hi

I am Reza Safari. I have a question about building gmsh without gui. I want to use it as pre processor for my BEM analysis. I wrote my code in FORTRAN and I want to call gmsh to construct quad mesh on 3D surface. So, my questions are:

  1.  Can I call gmsh (without gui) from inside of my FORTRAN code (Intel FORTRAN, Visual Studio 2012) and give him an input file to generate mesh file for me?
  2.  I try to build gmsh in Windows 64 with Cmake-gui, it gives me lots of error, could you please send me a step by step procedure that walk me through  building the gmsh?

Thanks in advance for your help. I indeed appreciate your help.