[Gmsh] Disconnected interface between prismatic and tetrahedral elements

Brian Vermeire b.vermeire at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 23 16:38:37 CEST 2014

Good afternoon,

I am attempting to generate a mesh for turbulent flow over a circular
cylinder. I have a structured boundary layer made of prismatic elements.
These elements stretch from the surface (r = 0.5) to r = 1.0. Outside of
this region I have an unstructured tetrahedral volume. The mesh generates
fine, and gmsh does not report any errors. However, we find that the faces
at r = 1.0 are not matching between the prismatic layer and the tetrahedral
elements in the output file.

I have attached the .geo file here for you to take a look at.

Any help you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

--

Brian Vermeire
Postdoctoral Scholar