[Gmsh] Possibility of rectilinear mesh?

Sefer Bora Lisesivdin sblisesivdin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:05:34 CEST 2014

Thank you very much indeed,

"Transfinite" solution is working quite well. I want to add the most
easiest geometry file possible to this email. It may show an easy solution
for the people who needs 2D rectilinear grid or uniform quadrilateral or
triangular meshes.

-------------simplesquare.geo-------------
cl__1 = 1;
Point(2) = {0, 0, 0, 1};
Point(3) = {1, 0, 0, 1};
Point(4) = {1, 1, 0, 1};
Point(5) = {0, 1, 0, 1};
Line(1) = {5, 4};
Transfinite Line {1} = 10Using Progression 1;
Line(2) = {4, 3};
Transfinite Line {2} = 10Using Progression 1;
Line(3) = {3, 2};
Transfinite Line {3} = 10Using Progression 1;
Line(4) = {2, 5};
Transfinite Line {4} = 10Using Progression 1;
Line Loop(6) = {1, 2, 3, 4};
Plane Surface(6) = {6};
Transfinite Surface {6};

Best regards,

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sefer Bora Lisesivdin,
Gazi University, Department of Physics,
Nanoscale Devices and Carrier Transport Group,
http://sblisesivdin.ndct.org/
Ankara, TURKEY