[Gmsh] Particle module and Lorenz force

Chesaux Michael Michael.Chesaux at evatecnet.com
Tue Oct 7 15:07:10 CEST 2014

Dear GMSH developer,

I'm currently trying to use the plugin "Particles" to visualize the particles trajectories in a magnetic and electric field (i.e. particles following the Lorenz force).
However, I can't see how the dx(t)/dt x B term of Lorenz force would be compatible with the formulation of the force in this plugin. (A2 * d^2X(t)/dt^2 + A1 * dX(t)/dt + A0 * X(t) = F).
Is there a way to write the A1 term to include the cross product, or does the field F need to include strings from  dx(t)/dt x B term, or is this plugin incompatible with this force?

Thank you and best regards,

Michael Chesaux
Process Engineer Solution Design

Evatec Ltd.