[Gmsh] GMSH renumbers elemntaty tags on reload

Mark Smith piedycat at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 15:26:33 CET 2015

Hi Christophe,further investigations are making me think it is ticking the opencascade "cut and merge faces" option, this gets rid of duplicate faces but the renumbering process seems to be random such that when you reload the file the surface numbers change (not checked lines & points) ?Now most CAD consisting of connecting multi bodies produce duplicate faces, if these can be removed before importing then this might then work OK?I tried loading the step file using the cut and merge option, saved the file out to a new step file then imported this new file but this made no difference.if I remove any duplicate entities in GiD and export as iges the problem goes away, but it is not an option if I only want to use a non commercial pre-processor ;-(RegardsMark