[Gmsh] GMSH problems in Arch Linux-64 bit

Isaac Ayala isaac.ayalaiii at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 20:04:46 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm writing to confirm two issues before issuing a bug report in the
tracker. First here is my system info:

*Arch Linux *64-bit

Open CasCade Community Edition 0.17 (*OCE* for abbreviation)

*CMake *Build flags:

-DOCC=1 -DNETGEN=1 -DWRAP_PYTHON=1 -DNUMPY=1 -DBUILD_LIB=1 -DTETGEN=1
-BUILD_SHARED=1

1.- Building *gmsh* as an application allows me to execute the program
without issues (so far). Issuing commands from the terminal work perfectly.

However, when I run :

sudo make install

gmsh

Instead of receiving the list of options with which to execute gmsh such as
:

Geometry options:
  -0                   Output model, then exit
  -tol float           Set geometrical tolerance
  -match               Match geometries and meshes
Mesh options:
  -1, -2, -3           Perform 1D, 2D or 3D mesh generation, then exit
  -o file              Specify output file name

I get the following error:

gmsh: error while loading shared libraries: libTKSTEP.so.10: cannot open

I'm not sure if it is an OCE problem or a gmsh problem, I also have FreeCAD
compiled (another program that uses OCE) and I do not receive this error,
even when I install it.

2.- Running
sudo make uninstall

Returns the following error:
make: *** No rule to make target 'uninstall'.  Stop.

Is gmsh lacking the uninstall feature in the source code, or must I specify
something else when running the command?

Regards,
Isaac Ayala