[Gmsh] multi-domain mesh w/ polyhedral surfaces

Rifat Aras rifat.aras at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:09:11 CEST 2015

Dear list, I am trying to figure out whether gmsh can solve the problem at
hand. Please direct me in the right direction.

I have two polyhedral surfaces. One of the surfaces is completely enclosed
in the other one. I would like to generate a tetrahedral multi-domain mesh
with two separate physical names. The enclosed polyhedral surface is the
border between the different domains.

Is it possible to achieve this in GMSH? If not, would the list suggest an
alternative open-source tool to tackle this problem?

Regards,

Rifat